Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Monday, September 13, 2004

*.* Men are such animal creatures *.*

Men... in this case refers to both the males and females.

I was talking to my friend last night. T left church 2 years ago when according to her, she did not understand why God has given her so many obstacles. I think in short, she was just angry with God for giving her so many struggles. And throughout the 2 years, when we meet up, I would drop hints here and there, for her to go back to her Anglican church... hee hee.. sometimes I would try to bring her to the catholic church.. the ironic thing is when she got attached, she was very perplexed that her bf may/may not accept Christianity... I mean, she has left church and she is worried about whether her bf will accept Christ? I told her frankly that if she wants her bf to accept Christ, she should be the first one to return to God. And after on/off praying for her for the past 2 years, she has finally returned to church. i guess God call us at our weakest moments.. when we really do not know what we are heading for...

I have another friend, K. K is a cradle Catholic and K has fallen into deep sin many many times. k's deep sin is really totally deep and sadly, when K is in deep sin, K still receives communion. When one is in deep sin (like mortal sin) and still receives the body of Christ, K is committing sacrilege... the highest form of blasphemy against the body of Christ. It's like.. K may not have an awareness of the significance of the Eucharist... and K takes the body of Christ for granted.

Men are indeed such animal creatures.

We have our own respective nature. Sometimes, our nature goes against with other humans' nature. And sometimes, our nature tend to go against God's nature.

When we are hungry, we look for food. When we are thirsty, we look for water. When things are being snatched away, we use our animal instincts and get the things back.

What I am trying to say is... that sometimes we give in to our silly human nature (and human pride), that we forgot about the nature of God.

For example, just now, my colleague who is seemingly competing with me, asked me for some statistical help. Actually, this means that I have more "power" over him and I can choose to either tell him the truth or pretend that I do not know. I was tempted at that point in time to be an animal creature.

But slowly, I decided to give in to God's nature. I told him the right way of doing, without "shortchanging" him.

It is indeed difficult to follow the will of God, or rather to do as what Christ would do.

Many times, I noticed that I am also battling with the will of God. Everyday, I would pray about the thing that the 6 angels have told me to do so. And I do not know how to pray for this intention! Do I say I want this and that? Or do I say.. Lord I leave it up to Your will for me?

Even right now in RCIY, with the more responsibilities I am shouldering, I realized the importance of serving in God's spirit of love, sharing and compassion. Sometimes, I find it difficult to come up with a good decision that I would need time to take out and pray about it... and the tricky part is... as a leader, I have to responsible for making good spirit-led decisions.

I can't do all these cos I am a pathetic animal creature. I have my pride. I have my ego. I want some satisfaction. I want some recognition. I am selfish as well.

But everyday, I am challenged to lift up my animal nature so that I can become more and more Christlike.

I have to learn how to surrender and let go. I have to stop bargaining with God and listen to Him. I have to learn to embrace my cross wholeheartedly instead of just carrying it.

And all these, I can't do it without You Lord.

Dear Lord, my soul is restless now. Started off this morning looking for jobs during working hours. I am waiting for the time when my soul finally finds rest in You. May the time come soon as I wait patiently for Your plan to uncover before me. Lord, bless the intention of doing what the 6 angels told me 2 weeks ago. The time is going to be up and I will be receiving the news soon. Lord, I pray the news will be good. But then again, whatever it is, may I trust that whatever happens is according to Your divine plan for me.

Mother Mary, guide me, dear Mother in my whole life. Pray for me that when I am tempted, when my animal nature sticks out, pray that my nature will be aligned to God's nature... that of love, compassion and sharing. Help me to keep focused on to Your Son, Jesus. Amen.


O God, You Who are the truth, make me one with You in love everlasting. I am often wearied by the many things I hear and read, but in You is all that I long for. Let the learned be still, let all creatures be silent before You; You alone speak to me.

From the Imitation of Christ by Thomas à Kempis


A Child of God blogged @ | 1:15 pm