Birthday: 14th October Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007
Today, RCIY had a canteen. After many months of talking, discussing, debating, planning, co-ordination, this day finally arrived.
I thought this day wouldn't! After all, we initially had 2 canteens but the first one was cancelled during to some hiccups. But anyway, RCIY finally had its own canteen!
It was actually a very simple canteen. Upon reflection, we were not aiming to hit economies of scale (hitting min costs, max output(revenue) Infact, there were many times we almost ran out of food. For example, like bee hoon.... we were running out of bee hoon and then suddenly, Ben's mother was cutting some vegetables and frying some bee hoon! I do not know how did that coe about but God definitely sends some angels to help us tide over.
Another incident was the chicken wings. There wasn't enough powder to have crispier wings. In fact, the first batch of wings weren't that good. And luckily, Jer and I were witty enough to re-fry them, using the deep fryer. Yes, it's unhealthy but at least, we managed to salavage the wings for sale. And then, I went out to buy powder for the rest of the wings...
And when we had an excess of wings, we wanted to sell them at 2 for $1. But Ben was sayign that we should still continue to sell then at 1 for $1.
We thought we could not sell all but we managed to sell everything. Not only the wings but everything! Thank God for that!
I couldn't help but to feel contented and happy. Perhaps it was because RCIY managed to close the event on a good note. Perhaps we managed to earn some good money. Perhaps we managed to seell all the wings. Perhaps the inquirers and sponfrienders all had a good time.
But ultimately, I am really happy that my mum came down to help out. I guess, her presence meant a lot to me. It's not that I need her to be there to support me. But rather, after my dad passed away, I have been trying to assimilate her to church events and church groups.
My mum is very happy she came down today. Though tired, she is very cheerful and happy. Thank God for that! And you know what? Cos my mum and I were suffering from some shoulder aches. My mum's one was worse cos she was complaining of excruciating pain that she couldn't lift her arms up properly. But today, our shoulder aches were miraculously gone!
Thank God for that cos' otherwise my mum would not have the stamina to cook 250+ wings and her superb tau suan.
Hee hee... okie... it's back to the lovely bed for me. Hope to sleep by 1215am.. so that I can wake up by 715 to start work on an early note!