Birthday: 14th October Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007
I thought I should end my Thursday and start my Friday with You.
I do not know how to type this blog. Perhaps it's because I feel rather exposed if I share too much. So I'm just wondering how much do I share. To my readers, pls don't get me wrong. I'm not sharing with you concrete details, not because I don't trust you but it's rather, I wish to respect the privacy of the parties involved.
Lord, I admire people who know what You want from them and give You their all. You are not tangible. You do not give them tangible rewards. But they still give themselves to You, just purely by faith and love for You.
But I am just wondering, whether in loving You, this love outpoured for You by this person is at the expense of another party. In other words, if A loves You so much that A decides to follow Your spirit-led decision, is this love for You at the expense of the welfare of the other parties involved? If the other parties involved are made worse off by allowing A to go forth in following Your spirit-led decision, is this Your holy will?
I thought love is all encompassing. Especially so, when a person loves God so much, wouldn't that person love his friends as well? Must it necessary be so, such that the person has to forgo the betterment of his/her friends for the love of You?
I do not think Love is like that. I think Love involves some form of sacrifice on two willing parties but this Love for each other does not make one party worse off and the other party better off. I mean, if either parties love each other, wouldn't both parties want the best for each other? If A lets the other party be worse off and A gets his/her pie, does A love his/her friends? Most importantly, does A love YOU?
At this point in time, I am just upset at how A is treating his/her friends. As A's friends are not in agreement with him/her, A has not been talking to them much. I can understand why A is sad but if he/she wants to be God's follower, wouldn't he/she be challenged to follow God in peace, rather than showing his/her sorrows? Isn't that selfish of A? Sometimes I feel like blowing up at A. I think A is totally mean and unloving. And sometimes I am just wondering if God is a selfish lover... that He wants the full attention of those who love Him, at the expense of others. I hope God is not like that.
I think I can understand the perplexities A is undergoing. It is not easy to reach an agreement with his/her friends and God. I have many things to tell A but I know if I were to tell A in person, I would most probably blow up.
I read today's mass readings and I guess God has revealed some answers to me.
Psalm 139: 1-3, 13-14, 23-24 This psalm reveals that God has his plans for everyone of us. Especially this line " God examine me and know my heart, test me and know my concerns. Make sure that I am not on my way to ruin, and guide me on the road of eternity." I pray for A and for myself that in pursuing God's vocation for us, may we truly discover what God desires from us. Not our desires but HIS holy will.
In 1 Corinthians 8:1-13, The image of false gods represent the false images that we hold onto. Sometimes we tend to be so deeply rooted in what we desire, that we "worship these false gods". Sometimes by doing so, we have failed to love. Love is the foundation of our Christian religion. "We are well aware that all of us have knowledge but while knowledge puffs up, love is what builds up."
This phrase is very touching... "Someone who loves God is known by God." It is very touching to know that as long as we love God, God loves us. Sometimes our love for God could be myopic but nevertheless God still loves us. It reminds me of A. A's love for God could be myopic but God is still touched by A's love for Him. God knows A.
And for this, in Luke 6:27-38, I feel that I should pray for A. I emphatise with A for A is not going through an easy time. But there is nothing his/her friends can do. And I can only ask them to pray for A. And as for me, I should pray for A, judge A lesser. Perhaps A has reasons he/she can't tell? Perhaps A is caught in some dilemna? I dunno lah but I think God knows.
Dearest Lord, You have blessed some people to follow Your will, the life you have laid out for them. Lord, You know us through and through eversince You created us in our mothers' womb. As You are the Alpha and Omega, I pray Lord for A and myself. We are all earnestly seeking You in our lives and may what we do, think, say, pray always always be led by Your Holy Spirit. Lord, guide us in our vocation to love others and love You. Enlighten us when we are in darkeness. Grant us peace when we are in the deepest pits.
Mother Mary, just as you pondered over the words and actions of Your Son, Jesus Christ, pray for us, that as we ponder about our lives, may you guide us in making decisions based on love. Love for God, Love for others. Amen.
"For us, there is only one God, the Father from whom all things come and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things come and through whom we exist." 1 Corinthians 8: 6