I have been blessed with 2 sabbath days so far. I have not done anything work related. From Monday till now, I have been doing NOTHING. And I was sharing with Jeri over MSN that i am feeling so useless. Everyone is all so busy doing some research work that I am the only one, slacking away, talking to people on MSN, and pretending to be busy with work. Anyway here's what I have done and what I have left outstanding (from my post last Friday):
1. Get new printer ink... ORDERED ALREADY. TOMOLO GETTING NEW INK, MANAGED TO SOURCE FOR DONATIONS TO FINANCE THIS INK.
2. Get my resume out... HAHAHAHA... I HAVE FINALLY COMPLETED MY RESUME. KINDA PROUD OF THIS REVAMP.
3. Get my job applications out... there's a huge sea of jobs there.... better go grab one... TONIGHT I WILL TRY TO START DOING THEM...
4. Plan for December camp... YUP PLAN ALREADY. TONIGHT WILL BE STEP 1 OF MY EXECUTION PLAN.
5. Mark my student's econs essay... HAVEN'T YET. GONNA PROCRASTINATE...
6. Rest, sleep, slack... THINK I AM DOING IT NOW?
7. Prepare the outstanding tealights for ROP... DONE LIAO...
New things I will need to do:
8. Prepare miscellaneous claims form for RCIY
9. Do some bible/scriptural/ spiritual books reflection
10. Write birthday cards
I am indeed very bored and feeling very useless. It's quite strange that when I am so busy, I feel so stressed and so lousy... not enough sleep, etc. I am just wondering if this is a normal working life? Am I being childishly petty or hard to please? Hmmm....
I think the reason why I am feeling this way is because I am so insecure about all this slacking away. I feel very threatened especially when my colleague at the same level is working so darn hard. And yesh.. guess what? He had to come up and "boast" that he is going to Msia for work this weekend. I was a bit disappointed lah... but I offered it up to God. And I just felt peaceful about it. Hope one day, he can just totally quit publicizing to me.
So back to the feeling threatened, I guess that's human nature? It's a dog eat dog world out there. Whoever is percevied to be working hard, gains favour in the office. But I have no jobs to work hard for. And I can't be those hypocrites who "cry father, cry mother", pretend that they are working darn hard... sigh....
But putting the superficial working life aside, I am actually contented with the 2 Sabbath days so far. I have completed my resume! It is a total revamp and I hope this resume could help me secure more interviews and more job offers. I'm glad I gave my resume a makeover. It's so much easier to read and hopefully, it will market me better to the employers.
Despite this slacking and feeling of being threatened, I can't help but feel that God gave me these 2 sabbaths to brush up on my resume. Otherwise, I will not have time at all, after work and after tuition. Thank you Lord!
Well... it's about 1 more hr before I knock off from work. Got tuition tonight but before knocking off, I shall be a good girl and read up on marketing and market research articles.
Lalalallala.....