Birthday: 14th October Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007
The Amazing Race finally came to a close. I had been religiously following it over the past few months. I joined the contestants in the ups and downs, in their disappointments and joys. My heart went all out to them, especially when the teams had to get out. I was supporting Charla and the other girl (the cousins pair of whom one of them is a dwarf). But unfortunately, on the day they lost the race, they were so pomopus. They deserved to get out. Actually, they being pompous was sort of like a defence mechanism...
anyway, after my first fav pair left, I was fully supporting Chip and Kim. I do not ever think they played dirty. In fact, I think they were too kind. Yes, they were competitive. Especially when they clinched the earlier flight to Dallas and refused to tell the other 2 teams, I think that was fair game. And they were also sacrifical lambs... though Linda & Karen, Brandon & Nicole also wanted to yield Colin and Christie, Chip and Kim "sacrificed" themselves and volunteered to yield them. In the end, there was so much hostility between C&C and C&K.
I am very happy that Chip and Kim won. They deserved to win. And I'm sure they are real happy in USA now. In fact, I wouldn't have minded if Brandon and Nicole won. They have always left everything to God. And what touched me most was during the hike on the snowy mountain, Brandon told Nicole... "Blessed are they who trust in the Lord!" Plus, on their plan trip to Dallas, Brandon did not check in his bible! He brought his bible with him and read it during the plane trip. Wow wow...
Chip & Kim and Brandon & Nicole are 2 diverse sets... C&K called on the name of Jesus, only when they (especially for Chip) needed help. B & N have always relied on God and trusted in His providence. I mean, even if they do not trust God totally, they have always turned to Him at least. And for that, I got to admire them for always always turning to the Lord, even when they are like mad people, running all over the world, in their high levels of anxiety, stress and whatever nots.
I've learnt a couple of things from this Amazing Race. I read from a news article that it pays to be mean (play dirty) in office cos you will get promotions faster. I do not think so anymore. Rather, I will be glad if I have lived a straight life. I hate to do things that would make other people worse off. Worse still, I hate to do things that are not honest and fair to people. I had been a victim of that and I do not wish to do it onto other people. I really hope and pray when the temptation sets in, I will choose the path of loving other people.
Also, I learnt about being reliant on God. Though I recognized the need to pray and offer up the results of my interview to God, I felt confident and to a certain extent, complacent. I mean, I recognized that I should continue seeking for the Lord's will in this aspect but I took His providence for granted.
God wants me to be reliant on Him. To recognize that He is the moulder and we are His clay. He wants me to know all things come from Him and He is the source of all things. God provides and we should not take His providence for granted. Whatever that He gives us is a gift, a precious gift to the unworthy lambs on earth.
And so Lord, as I await for Your Holy will to unfold before me, may I never ever be complacent. May I always be grateful for the littlest things You have blessed me with. Thank You for giving me this life, this opportunity to sit for the interview at MOE and for having a good ending with the interviewers. Lord, I offer up to you my hopes for the results of the interviews. But whatever the results may be, may I grow stronger in You, Lord. May I grow stronger in faith and in trust, whatever the results may be. Yes, Lord, Let Your will be done but I pray for the grace of patience, peace, hope and faith to accept Your will.
Mother Mary, continue to pray with me, along with the many angels and saints in Heaven. Pray for me that I will be trusting in the Lord's providence. God is good and He will provide. Amen.
"Two things I beg of you, do not grudge me them before I die; keep falsehood and lies far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches, grant me only my share of food. for fear that, surrounded by plenty, I should fall away and say, "Yahweh - who is Yahweh?" or else, in destitution, take to stealing and profane the name of my God." Proverbs 30:7-9