Saturday, September 18, 2004
*.* It's my life... for a day only.. *.*
There was this research project where i asked some 32 respondents to record their eating habits over 7 days.
To add in a little style to my blog, I am going to record as closely as possible what I did today, Friday, 17th September 2004.
715am - Alarm rang. Switched off my handphone. Went back to bed.
730am - 2nd hp alarm went off. Put to snooze. Went back to bed.
745am - Snooze alarm went off. Oh shit! going to be late! Hurry Hurry!
825am - Bus 88 is here! Yipee! Can reach work hopefully by 930 am.
850am - Bus 165 is here, confirmed can reach office by 930 am! Good! Pray the rosary...
935am - Reach office. Whoa.. got work for me to do (finally). Yes, be their runner.. run to Health Promotion Board to zap some statistics from their library. (Wish I dun need to do that...cos it's a waste of resources and time and energy)
942am - Eating my breakfast: Meiji Aloe Vera Yoghurt plus some wheat cereals
10+am - Yipee! Found the statistics we need on the net! No need to go to HPB already. Send the data in excel to boss and mgr.
10+am to 1245pm - Trying to get hold of my colleague in China for some questionnaire and data. Need them so that I can help do up the charts for presentation. But couldn't get my colleague after 4 calls. Boss chasing me, i chase my colleague. Meanwhile, while trying to get hold of my colleague, check my emails.. no mails from the rciy yahoogroups, etc. Bored.. trying to figure out things to do.
Confirmed booking of tickets to tonight's Terminal with Jeraldine.
Aha! Decided to do research to prepare for session on Sunday. Helping Ben with the session...
1245pm - Viola! Got hold of my colleague... upcoming work to do.. Die lah... may need to stay back longer than expected. May need to do work over the weekend (cos got tight deadline). Maybe cannot take off too....
Meanwhile, I have become the middleman between my colleague and my boss. Boss wants me to do charts, colleague said cannot..tables have not been run. Boss asked how come tables have not been run, colleague said only part 1 is run, part 2 not yet. Colleague asked how come so urgent, boss said presentation is next friday, he wants to deliver something preliminary for client...
1pm - Accountant came! Hooray! I can get my claims of $441.20 back after waiting for 2 months! On top of this, I can help my company debtors to collect their payments. They have been chasing me for about 2 months already and I have been running away from them for that long. Super paiseh to promise them payment but never pay up. All because of my boss...
Submitted all the invoices and claims to boss. Also asked him for a day off on Monday. Boss wan not too happy cos there's work to rush on Monday. Nevertheless, used the same old excuse again.. Family matters.
120pm - Went for lunch. Ate 3 rolls of popiah and ordered 1 teh-o kosong with ice. Stoned out for awhile till my god daughter Xuewei smsed me. Whole lunch was smsing and slowly relishing my popiah and teh-o.
Midway, boss smsed me to buy stamps and 2 butterflys. Hmm.. their runner again. Nevermind... cool it... *GGGRRRrrr*
Bought 1 slice of honeydew and papaya for dessert.
210pm - Went to watsons since the trafflic light was still red. My face got blemishes.. very dry somemore. Was thinking of buying Garnier but it's manufactured in Indonesia. No brand credibility. Saw J&J Oil Free Moistuturizer.. $9.30... so expensive... but my face needs that moisturizer. Vanity wins, cost loses. Okie.. go buy that product.
220pm - Came back to office. Hot and stuffy. Can't wait to use my moisturizer. Got my colleague's reply. Colleague said we had already given something preliminary to the client (Aha! Boss forgot all about that!). Also said part 1 is too complicated for me to do anything. And part 2 is not ready yet.
Reverted all this to boss. Boss nodded and revert to colleague that boss understands. Meanwhile, this means.. i have no work to do today and over the weekend! Woo hoo!
And another Woo hoo! Boss gave my expenses claims! I am $441.20 richer! Wah... feel so replenished. Got to call my sister for my account number so that I can deposit my cheque before 3pm.
Alamak.. sister sleeping. Call her hp to give her wake up call.
245pm - yayyy! Sister woke up! Gave me my account number. I hurriedly wrote on the cheque and went down again to deposit my cheque.
3pm to 345pm - Boss asked me to ask colleague in China for questionnaire about the above project. Asked colleague. Colleague asked me to check shared folder. Shared folder dun have. Colleague said.. let it be.. give me a good break. tuesday when i come back, then pia all the way through.
But boss asked me to try msia office. See if they got questionnaire. I emailed msian colleague for the qaire.
Boss went off.. yipee! more free time and relaxation. Feeling more at ease and less effort in looking busy.
Put the moisturizer on my face. Nice smell. Did not regret buying J&J moisturizer.
From lunch till now, god daughter xuewei and i are still exchanging smses. Pretty cute girl. Enjoy toking to her.
4pm - Mgr asked me to check through a chinese questionnaire. This one more challenging. Cos the research is based in Taiwan, the qaire is in traditional chinese. Wah.. so long never read traditional chinese liao! Good challenge. Read and helped to translate to my mgr.
415 - 520pm - Managed to source for a hard copy version of the qaire. Looking through the qaire. That's the problem with peole who are too inclined towards qualitative research... their questionnaire design totally suck! There's no sequence to their qaire, questions are jumping all over and too confusing. Thank God I was not overseeing this project. Otherwise, my mind will blow.
Ate an apple cos I am hungry and need to take my mind off reading that questionnaire.
526pm - TGIF!!! Counting down... will be meeting Jeri, Evelyn and Ben at Lido later. Will leave office at 555pm. Haven't watched a movie and ate popcorn for a very very long time! Yippeee.....
526 - 545pm - Packing up, making my desk as tidy as possible and getting ready to hop out of my office. :)
620pm - Early for appointment. Go shop around. Went to Goldheart to scout for my sister's 21st birthday present. Then went to the supermarket downstairs Lido... got a Japanese culture shock over there. Decided to sit down and look at people.
645pm - Met up with Ben. Turned out that Ben has been here since 615. Started to discuss session since Evelyn and Jeri are also late.
7pm - Evelyn came but Jeri said she will prob be reaching by 720pm.
710pm - Ben, Eve and I made our way down to Scotts picnic.
720pm - Jeri arrived, she needs to mark her test scripts while Ben and I need to discuss session.
745pm - Eat dinner.. too hungry already. Decided on fried dory fillet with white rice. Good choice. I haven't been to Scotts Picnic food court for almost a year already. Disappointed that Watsons has closed down already. But good that there is a wider selection of food.
820pm - Got craving for Gelato! Went down to CK Tang food place to get my sinful Double Chocolate gelato. Yummy!!! LURVE IT! Shiok! Very happy now. think Chocolate made me high...
830pm - Went to the Japanese supermarket to get drinks. High class Jeri got herself Perrier while low class Hazel got herself Aqua water. Eve got Snapple while Ben will drink from the Popcorn combo we will be buying afterwards. I should consider going to that supermarket to explore their Jap food....
845pm to 930pm - Collect tickets, went toilet, sit down and talk, buy popcorn.
930 to 1130pm - Watching Terminal. Very good break. Think I haven't laughed so loudly for a long time already. Only thing was the popcorn... too much salted popcorn. Wld rather my sweet popcorn. Next time I will still be going to Lido for my TOTALLY sweet popcorn. Catherine Zeta Jones is just sooo pretty. Tom Hanks is such a good actor. And boy, the movie is so darn funny!
11 40pm - Hopped into a cab with Jeri and Ben. I am glad to be alive cos the stooooppid cab driver was speeding and he didn't change lanes properly! My goodness, if he had to sit for his driving test, he will probably fail with so many points. I was scared lah! Cos he was super reckless. He drove so fast that we reached home in record time and in the lowest cab fare possible.
1215pm onwards - Reached home.. warm, nice smelling. Good to see my bro, mummy and sister. Talked with my mum and sister.. bro too busy toking on phone.
Conclusion: I think I will not write this kind of entry for the longest time ever. Cos it's too tedious. But I guess the highlight of the day was the movie outing. For once, sponsors did not really discuss much about RCIY and it was more like to unwind and play play. To get out of our sponsors' suits and be ordinary people, shopping, eating and playing around in Orchard.
A Child of God blogged @ | 1:30 am
