Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Saturday, September 18, 2004

*.* Life is Waiting *.*

Yup, that's the theme of the movie "The Terminal".

Honestly, I didn't know that was the theme until I saw the poster after watching the movie. And it's a true life account. Wow wow... do take a look here. http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0621/p11s02-almo.html

Life is waiting...

Yes, Life is waiting. We may wake up each morning, rush here and there, have a whole agenda of things to meet. Though we seem to be going all over, we are in fact waiting.

Waiting for our life to unfold infront of us. I mean, if you go to school, you may be busy with assignments and tests but actually you are waiting for your next phase of life - After graduation. It's just like working... we waited for a job, we got it and now we are waiting for something else to happen like a promotion, different job scope, higher pay, getting attached, marriage, etc.

We will be waiting perpetually all our lives until we die, become from ashes to ashes, dust to dust, till we return to eternal rest with our Father.

What I am trying to say is... life is waiting but it it NOT blindly waiting. I always believe there is a whole sea outside the life we live in. The life we have is like a clam shell. We should always look beyond the clam shell. We should not always have a pit stop at the Terminal. Instead, we should hop onto the next plane to go on to the next Terminal.

Yes, I am waiting. I am waiting for my MOE interview on Monday. I am waiting on what's coming up next.

In fact, I have been talking to God about the MOE stuff. I do not even know how to pray. Do I blatantly ask Him, Lord I want this? But then if I do so, wouldn't I be having so much pride? How can I insist that God should give me what I want?

But if I tell Him, " Lord whatever it is, be it done to me according to Your will." But if I do that, how can I beseech Him to answer my prayer? To look with compassion on me and answer my prayer? After all, it's asking, seeking and knocking continuously.

I am waiting and I'm pretty excited and fearful at the same time. I do not know what's going to come up next. But definitely, I hope and pray that I will be able to hop onto the next plane and go onto the other Terminal. It's high time for me to do so....

But of course, moving onto another phase of your life doesn't seem that easy. We need to make choices, sometimes sacrfices.

I guess for those who watched the movie, there was this instance where Tom Hanks forfeited his chance to go out of the airport for this Indian guy who needs to deliver medicine to his sickly dad. Another incidence was the cleaner guy who surrendered himself (for assault committed 20 plus yrs ago) so that Tom Hanks could get out of the airport and explore New York. The last one was when Catherine Zeta Jones decided to stick on with her married boyfriend but yet, got Tom Hank's paper to venture out of the airport. That was the most significant one for me.

I guess Catherine ZJ's move depicted that sometimes we get caught in situations that we may not like or we are not even sure of it! But ultimately, the deciding factor was love. Catherine ZJ loved Tom Hanks although she chose a worse (?) choice by sticking on with her married boyfriend.

Let me tell myself this: Whatever that comes out from Monday's interview, may I remind myself that God loves me very much. That going for the interview is part of His divine plan and in His love, He will help me understand the different planes and terminals He made me go through. As for myself, wheter I go onto teaching or still with this current job, may I learn to love God more by loving my colleagues, my work and my job.

Let me try to pray and offer up this MOE interview:

Dearest Abba Father,
Day by day, You helped me to understand Your plans. You sought me out when I was also seeking You. I need You dear Lord. I offer up this MOE interview. I believe that You sent this interview opportunity to me cos You sent 6 angels to encourage me to apply for this! Dear Lord, I want to get into teaching cos ultimately, I hope that I can give my family a better life. Be with me Lord and never abandon me. I offer up this interview to You and I pray, that everything will unfold according to Your Holy Will. Lord, please hear my prayer.

Mother Mary, Kind intercessor of perpetual help. Pray for me that I will be adequately prepared and that I will handle the interview well on monday. Intercede for me dear Mother that I will be able to get a teaching offer. Amen.

A Child of God blogged @ | 2:20 am