
Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*
|
Today's Verse |
*.* Previous Posts *.*
*.* My Friends *.*
~juliet~*.* Drop a prayer *.*
*.* Archives *.*
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
*.* Chinese New Year *.*
My Aunt's place. I like this picture. Very well-taken.
This is the part where I am starting with the final moments of my visitation on day 2. My lovely niece, Christine drew a potrait of myself. So this is how she thinks I look like. At least, I have lovely eye lashes. The picture is now magneted on my fridge door.
Yu Sheng... I am not a huge fan of yu sheng but this was made by my aunt and it was so well done that I had 3 helpings!
Lovely Christine... the artist.
The Ho Family of females (well... most of it!)
Christine and myself! So cute right? She's such a darling! She is ever so willing to shower me with kisses!Somehow, I find myself looking forward to CNY. Perhaps this is what they call the 'growing old' syndrome. You look forward to seeing your relatives even though you are not that close to them. Or perhaps I was looking forward to a loooong break.
Anyway, on the Eve, I was renovating my table. Yes, I gave my table a new set of clothes. I changed the plastic wrapper which had not been changed for almost 3 years. And I packed my table up.
And I had reunion dinner with my family. When dinner ended and my mum was clearing up, she started to cry. She missed my dad so much that she just broke down. She told me that she had contained her sorrow for the past 2 weeks and she couldn't control it anymore today. She just had to let go. I hugged her and sayanged her. And I let her cry alone. And she cried... continuously for the next 2 hours while doing her housework.
First day of CNY, mum was so tired that she only woke up at 12pm. She had that well-deserved rest. After which, we went to visit papa to bai nian. And when we were at the niche, all 3 of us (bro, sis and myself) asked one another... what do we wish our dad? Long life? Happiness? Abundance? But he's already dead. It was a long (though it was actually brief) moment as my sister held the two oranges and was figuring out what to say. My sister started first as we wanted to reverse the norm. So she just continued on by saying "Pa, Happy CNY...." And yes, the other 2 of us just wished my dad Happy CNY and we updated him about our lives. And when it came to my mum's turn, she cried. In between her sobs, she let out some things and she just couldnt do it anymore.
Sighs... I have also been missing my dad a lot. I'm so sure that if he's around now, life for him would be much better. He will be much happier and he would not be suffering like last time. It's like no matter how argh he was last time, nothing beats to having him here, sharing joyful times and good fortune as well. We just wished that he had enjoyed some things before he left.
Well, CNY proceeded on as usual. Watched 2 DVDs and caught up with my relatives. As I was looking at my relatives yesterday, it's so fast how time catches up on us. It seemed like yesterday when we were kids, running around and playing sparklers and hopscotch. Now, we are grown-ups, pursuing our aspirations and looking for the ideal one. As for the older generation, they have come to realize how fragile life is, that they could go any moment. It's best surmised by my eldest aunt who said "Come and visit me at least twice a year ah! Dun wait till CNY... only once a year!"
CNY holidays are coming to an end and work is starting all over again. But as we get into the hustle and bustle of life again, the significance of CNY still carries through. The meaning of reunion - forgiving when we're hurt by someone, accepting irregardless of status, contentment so that we may have it abundantly, good health as a form of good fortune, loving someone when he's not here will still carry through.
Lord, I pray for my family and relatives that they will be blessed with good health. May they find contentment in all they do so that they may find abundance and fulfilment in their lives. Lord, please bless and keep them. Amen!
