Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Saturday, January 07, 2006

*.* first week at school & in 2006 *.*

Finally, first week of school has ended.

And yes, got all my deadlines and it's going to be mad semester 2 for me. Semester 2 is basically 6 weeks. Now that 1 week is gone, there are 5 weeks left before I go for my practicum.

And 5 weeks to complete my assignments. This semester can be summarized as the writing semester. I will be writing many essays and reflection. I reckon I will become a more contemplative person at the end of this semester.

Anyways, I have a four day work week! That's pretty good considering that I used to have 2 days starting at 830am. Now, I only have one. Real thankful for that. Looks like praying helps and the mystic od God does wonders. I was praying for a good timetable, early days and if it is not even too much to ask, a free day. Alas, when the timetable came out, no free days and I have 2 days starting at 830am. But lo and behold, God works in funny ways. My maths tutor shifted the Tuesday morn class to Mon 1030 slot. So I have one free day.

My grades last sem were not that bad. In fact, I did better than in NUS. Heh... I got an average of B+. That was pretty good considering that I had to balance RCIY and almost 8 times a week tuition. That's good. And of course, comparatively, my friends who had lesser commitments, did much better.

So this semester, I'm gonna work my ass off. I wanna do better. But I'm not gonna let the grades thing take control of everything. I wanna do my bestest bestest best and give this last school sem my best shot. Perhaps I have my own regrets last time in school. But this time, would probably be my last time studying and I wanna do well. Do my best.

Now that I don't have tuition, I'm free. And I like the kind of life I'm having. I'm still getting used to it, though. After school, have lunch. If no class after lunch, go Jurong Point. Do some window shopping and then head home. Reach home by 5pm, slack at home, take a little slumber. Watch TV and then do homework. Ha.... it's relaxing.

2006 will be a year where I will treat myself much better. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I want to pamper myself but I realized that I have driven my body to so much work (church, tuition and work) that I haven't had my own personal time. I want to do this now, before I go into the hurlwind of WORK in school. I wanna treat myelf, my body and my health well. I wanna take care of my mental state and physical well being.

I wanna treat my family much better. Make up for the lost time I had while giving tuition and church. I wanna establish closer relationships of communication with them. Before it is too late.

I wanna spend more time with God. Reading more about Him. Last time, I will be so tired that I would sleep in the trains during my journeys to school. Now, I have more energy to spend more time with Him. Perhaps, if God wills, my next step might be fulfiled.

First up, in February, I will take up my refresher course in driving. SEcond, to overcome my fear of piercing my earholes.

Gotta go now. Getting ready for Novena and mass with my family.

A Child of God blogged @ | 12:51 pm