Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Saturday, January 21, 2006

*.* A meeting planned by God *.*

After school, I went shopping for clothes at Holland Village today. After walking for 3 hours, my friend and I rested our tired feet at BK. It was there, that I saw my ex student.

He's no longer studying in AJ cos' he failed his promos last year. As he was previously retained, the school could not retain him any further and so, he had to leave. Of course, he was devastated. I know all these because of incidences at my students' blogs.

Anyway, at that time, when I learned that he didn't make it through, I was disappointed and felt sad for him. And so, I left an annonymous tag on his board, encouraging him to keep a positive outlook.

And today, when I saw him, my heart was going out for him. I thought that if I were still his teacher last year, I would have probably done more. I would have pressured him to study hard for his promos, made a pact with him to pass his promos and provided him with the extra assistance. When he failed his promos, I would have encouraged him, urging him to think of options, encouraging him that not all is gone yet.

So what did I do? I took a sheet of foolscap paper and wrote to him an encouraging note. I told him to make full use of this opportunity to study (he's studying at a pte school.) and never to give up on himself. I told him that I believe in him. I dunno how he reacted to the note but I hope he took it in the right way.

I guessed God sent him to me. From this meeting today, I learned that no matter where we are, the duty of a teacher goes beyond the boundaries of a school. It doesn't really matter where we are, as long as we are our kids' inspirational force. Use our own personal talents for the greater good of our students.

A Child of God blogged @ | 12:22 am