Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

*.* Quoteworthy *.*

Was doing my readings (yes, I'm finally doing it!) on one module when I saw something quoteworthy:

"But the people [teachers] who made most impact on me were the able men who wanted to give something. They really spent time in the lecture room; and afterwards in tutorials, with four or five students at a time, we discussed things. And he gave of himself. And at the end of a session, at the end of an evening, just before dinner, when tutorials finished, the man was literally exchausted. He then went for his glass of sherry to perk himself up just before dinner."
MM Lee Kuan Yew, New Bearing in Our Education System, 1966

Teachers who gave of themselves... I wonder how true it is, in today's society? Do the kids nowadays remember teachers the most positively by how much they gave of themselves to them (the students)?

But LKY's quote struck a reminder in me again. Teachers play an instrumental role in imparting knowledge, apart from the academics.

Off track, I like LKY's writing style. Perhaps I should pick up a book written by him soon.

A Child of God blogged @ | 12:15 am