Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Saturday, January 28, 2006

*.* photocopying *.*

does anyone of u find photocopying notes a therapeutic process?

I was zapping my 3 textbooks today. So basically, I had to stand at the machine for 1 hour and brainlessly flip page, put the book on the photocopying glass and press the start button.

Throughout this routine process, I found myself thinking, dreaming and wishing. I was thinking about what went on during class today, about the moment of truth when I did well. I was also thinking which school will I be posted to for practicum.

I was wishing that photocopying could have been done much faster so that I could hurry up and go home after my meeting with prof.

I was also dreaming. It was about how much I liked studying and I dreamt that one day, when I was financially sufficient, I would go pursue a Masters.


And I was wondering whether anyone in the queue would be cursing and swearing that I am taking a long time at the machine. I then turned around and stole a glance. Ha... there isn't any queue. Good. I can take my own sweet time.

And I was also figuring out whether there was any other way to speed up the photocopying process. I couldnt make the machine align the paper in the landscape position, so I had to settle for potrait but photocopied on both sides.

And I was wondering whether I would be able to complete some work over the CNY holidays. I dread the end of CNY hols cos this means that the next 2 weeks will fly past so fast. And ebfore I know it, I'm in the big big world of school feeling so so small.

Driving... yes, it's next week! My goodness. I hope the instructor would be patient with me...

Many many thoughts...

The point that I'm trying to make here is that photocopying can be one time when you space out and think through stuff. It's that temporary moment when you are away from all distractions and you are alone with your book, machine and yourself. And during that moment, you will find yourself thinking through your deepest thoughts which you hardly have time to think of. That's the time when you realize the things you think of mean the greatest to you. And so, use that moment to think about how you are going to move forward.

You can also transfer the photocopying therapy to anywhere else, bus/mrt rides, church, sitting down eating, etc... The point is, when you are so busy, take some time (anywhere) to pause, think and reflect on what made you most happy, sad, thankful, worried. At the end of it all, close the therapy, feeling contented and move on to your next chapter. Don't speed through life like a bullet train. Take time to savour and enjoy it.

A Child of God blogged @ | 1:41 am