Friday, September 24, 2004
*.* There's a time for ... *.*
Ecclesiastes 3:1-11
There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every thing under the heavens. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance. A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them; a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces. A time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away. A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to be silent, and a time to speak. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
What advantage has the worker from his toil? I have considered the task that God has appointed for the sons of men to be busied about. He has made everything appropriate to its time, and has put the timeless into their hearts, without man’s ever discovering, from beginning to end, the work which God has done.
I went for mass today. Actually I didn't want to cos it was already 530pm and I will not be able to reach CTK on time. But when my friend made me so peeved, I decided to go for mass. So I sacrificed my last $10 for the month and took a cab to church. And I am really glad I made it for the mass.
I love the above reading. Everytime I read this reading, it never fails me give me hope. It never fails to comfort me, especially when I am searching for some answers.
Yes, there is a time to be sad, a time to be happy. A time to be busy, a time to be relaxed. A time to do work, a time to have fun...
A time to be angry, a time to be appeased. A time to control, a time to let go. A time for action, a time for reflection.
Whatever that happens now, God permits it. I guess, it is part of His beautiful plan He has for us. Unfortunately man is always foolish and we fail to realize that "He has made everything appropriate to its time, and has put the timeless into their hearts, without man’s ever discovering, from beginning to end, the work which God has done."
I can never understand God's plan for me. If I think in this way, who knows? He may show the other way to me. When the other way comes along, perhaps it's the time for me to experience that way, and transform it into opportunities where I grow in faith and trust in God.
The time that I am facing now is waiting. Waiting for the results of my teaching application. Waiting for the direction to walk towards in my life.
Come and think of it, I am indeed foolish to have applied for other jobs while receiving the news that I am shortlisted for the teaching interview. It simply shows how insecure I am and how I cannot fully rest in God.
I am also waiting for the time when a special someone will come and sweep me off my feet. Yah.. I could possibly be day dreaming. But I also believe that, there will be someone waiting for me, just as I am waiting for Him.
A time when my family will be fully healed of my dad's passing. We sang "Loving and Forgiving" for Thanksgiving Hymn today. I sang this hymn as responsorial psalm during my dad's funeral. That was my very first time singing to an audience of my relatives and to 12 priests and brothers. Of course, I sang not in sync with the organ, slightly off tune but I'm sure my voice reached my dad in Heaven. I decided to sing during the funeral mass because I believed God gave us a voice, so we should use it to glorify His name. God is indeed very loving to have taken my dad in His loving arms, on his last breath.
A time to let go and let God take charge. So many things on my list. December Camp, ROA, my lovable inquirers, my sponfrienders whom I cherish so much, my family to whom I am responsible for, my work at idealog, my sudden realization that all along, I have not forgiven my boss... gee.. so many things that I have been keeping in my heart... IT'S TIME TO LET GO & LET GOD TAKE CHARGE.
Yesterday, I was wondering the meaning behind Fr Yim's statement "One can only really be free, if he believes in Jesus."
The meaning is simply, time. There is a time for everything. And when it's time for you to go through this life's experience, I simply cannot avoid it. I can't say "God, not now. Postpone it till a later time, can?" No... it's God's time for me to go through this.
And unless, I surrender, let go and let God take charge, I will not be free at all. I will never experience freedom if I continue to claim control and do not surrender it to God totally.
As I spent an hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament today, I felt really free. I emptied myself out in front of God. Told Him what was bothering me, what is worrying me, and all that. And I felt really good, really peaceful.
Of course, once outside the adoration room, when I am back in the real world, there are things that disturb me. But I am going to let go, and let God take charge.
I am going to see through this, no matter what it takes. And I firmly believe God will help me see through this cos He has blessed me with many wonderful people.
Lord, tomolo is the start of the December Camp meeting. A whole string of meetings will roll out after that. Lord, anoint us with Your wisdom, Your peace, Your love, so that in You, we will surrender, in You, we will trust and in You, we will be free.
Mother Mary, continue to please, intercede for us. Amen.
A Child of God blogged @ | 11:12 pm
