Birthday: 14th October Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007
My kids had their common test on Monday and I am freaking worried for some of my students. I mean, in my mind, I was hoping that some students would make a U-turn and make a concerted effort to study for their CT.
Did I ever tell you guys about this trouble kid, LY? He has never taken Econs seriously and never did a single piece of tutorial. He has never ever read his notes at all until last Saturday.
This kid arranged with me 3 times to run through the 1st 4 months work with him. But after not appearing for the first 2 meetings, I thought he meant it as a joke when he wanted to come to school on Sat for revision. But he did.
And when I marked his script today, he didn't do that bad but he didn't do that well either. Considering that he picked up his lecture notes in 1 weekend, he scored 15/35. However, what touched me greatly was the effort he had taken in his paper. I can see it. The effort he has taken to give as good an answer as possible. And I am grateful for that. I prayed to God that LY might make a U-turn and then he will try hard for his econs. And LY did. Thank God.
On top of that, I am really encouraged to see my students taking my advice and making an effort to use this common test as a leaping board. I had counselled one girl cos she was really lagging behind. And I am glad that she didn't do that bad either.. 23/35... that is a high B.
And what about this girl OH? She was lamenting that she found Econs hard but she, herself didn't do that bad either. 19/35. And bear that in mind, she doesn't do Maths at all... not even A maths background and she can do well in Econs.
And I am just so encouraged by this bunch of kids. Even though I am flooded with marking, even though I am ultra stressed and tired, even though I am on the verge of losing my voice, I will still try to give my best to these kids. You will never know how any of my malicious or honeyed remarks may sting or encourage a kid.
So, Thursday.... 5 periods in a row, here I come!
Till now, it's time to hit my oooooooooo-sooooooo-lovable bed!