*.* I will try to drink Your cup, O Lord. *.*
The Lord is indeed a very mysterious guy.
During mass yesterday, before receiving the Holy Eucharist, I prayed that I may embrace and drink the cup He will give me. And then realizing that embracing His cup of sorrows would be very difficult, I prayed that He will give me the grace to try to hold the cup of sorrows that He may give me.
Indeed. This morning, I received my first cup of sorrows. I read it in the morning, have been holding back my tears (As I type this in the staffroom, I am trying hard to hold back my tears.)
Everywhere I went, whatever talks I went to (cos of the JC1 orientation), the words stung me so hard. So painful.
Can I hold on to this cup of sorrows? Can I embrace it and exclaim to God, "Lord, take this cup away from me but if it is Your will, let it be done unto me accordingly?" This feeling of having to embrace this cup of sorrows are suddenly renewed, refreshed. It has been a long time since I have a cup of sorrows to embrace.
Thank You Lord for this cup. Whilst I find it extremely hard to embrace this cup of sorrows with joy and trust, I pray that You will give me the strength and the humilty to hold on to it. Give me strength. Give me peace. Take away my pain.
Our Father in Heaven, Holy Be Your Name.Your Kingdom Come, Your Will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven.Give us today our daily bread.Forgive us our sins as we sing against others.Do not bring us to the test but deliver us from evil. Amen.Hail Mary, Full of Grace.The Lord is with you.Blessed are you amongst womenand blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.Holy Mary, Mother of God,Pray for us, sinners,now and at the other of our death. Amen.Glory Be to the Father, To the Son and to the Holy Spirit.As it was in the beginning, it's now and ever shall be,world without end. Amen.*Amen --> I believe.