Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

*.* The contradiction *.*

I went for my first morning class today.

They were in their groups for discussion. They are some students who were conscientiously doing their work. Yet, there were other students who can't wait for the bell to ring. How I know? When the bell rang, these students said 'Yes!'

Those small pocket of students... some of them are smart, some aren't. Whatever it is, I was put off by their lack of respect for their teacher and their complacency.

Then I went for my 2nd class. This class is a difficult class to manage and I put on my firm disposition. I said, 'whoever never do your HW, pls confess and stand up.' Those students stood up and I made them go to the front and do their HW.

Suddenly, this girl ran out of class. I realized that she ran off cos she was crying. She was crying cos she was under so much of pressure. She was unable to cope with 5 subjects - 4 As' and a 3rd language. And Econs was particularly difficult and she only slept for 2 hours last night and still couldn't finish her work. And so when she was labeled as a 'free rider', she went to cry and to confide to her home tutor.

I got quite affected by this. But I wonder why am I so affected. When I think about it, I realized at the 2 contradictions - 1 who is willing to learn but dunno how to and the other, who knows how to but doesn't want to learn. If only the 2 best qualities merge, that would be the ideal situation. Willing to learn and know how to do.

I get disappointed with the kids and I wonder why aren't they making the best use of what they got. It's a pity really. I guess, to a teacher, whenever they see students complacent, they feel sad for them. Though they want them to do well, there is this nagging "evil" to hope that they will fall so that they not give that smug look.

Anyway, when I went on to my 3rd class, a group of kids approached me and asked for a permanent slot with me to go through the Econs questions which were not went through in class. It dawned onto me that you need these kind of kids - those interested to learn and willing to try, to inspire you once in a while to give your best shot. Also, it's this bunch of kids that make you feel that is just a little bit more hope for those complacent kids to make a U-turn.

As for the girl who ran out of my class crying, I hope she is feeling better now. I hope she will not give up and learn to cope with pressure. Lord, give her strength.

A Child of God blogged @ | 8:19 pm