Birthday: 14th October Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007
Do you realize you could be gone, perhaps in the next minutes to come?
Death is the ultimatum. It tears you away from everything you have placed so much emphasis on, placed all your hope and happiness on.
Once you die, you can never come back.
Got it?
But have you understood that once you die, you will never ever come back?
Death is something we cannot control. We can control how we eat, how we spend, how much time we sleep, etc but when death comes along, it is as swift as thunder and as sharp like a knife. It just comes and there is no way you can even stop it.
I may die today, tomolo, next year... I may even die when I have not gotten married, have kids, be a grandparent...
Since death is so swift, so selfish and so spontaneous, would you be prepared to meet Christ when you die?
Would be be proud to stand infront of God to say that you deserve a chance to go to Heaven? That you have been a follower of God?
We tend to go crazy everyday, worrying about our deadlines, the things that have yet to be done, the little squabbles in between... in fact... because of survival, we tend to be selfish...
But at the end of the day, if we have gotten our ends through selfish means, does that prove anything? Doing that makes you a much lesser person.
I like toking to aunties and old people because i simply admire their contented spirit. They are contented and they are happy.
Are you happy?
Are you ready to go if God calls you and says that you will die soon?
Do you realize that everyday, we are a step nearing to death... and if we do actually realize, we are preparing for death everyday?
It's very sad for those who do not realize the need to prepare for death everyday. Or best still, it is ultra sad if we do not know how to prepare for death...
I dunno why I am typing all these.. but I guess for me, I am further spurred to live my life, true to my conscience, to love and share, to forgive and forget, to quarrel and make up, to let go of the minute details and look at the big picture, to be humble, to give myself in service of others, and most importantly, to walk in the light of God.
Time is just so short. And with this short time, shouldn't we use it fruitfully?
After all, we are only stewards of the life we have. God will take it away as and when He decides it's time to do so. So as stewards, shouldn't we then use our lives to bear fruits on earth?
Just think about it, there are so many so many needy people on earth who are thirsty... who are parched dry cos they do not know the meaning of being happy. They are lost and they are going in circles in their lives. They do not know what on earth they are doing.
As long as we live a life of good fruits and sharing this good fruits with other people, I am sure when death comes, it will be one where you will go peacefully and happily, without any regrets.
"Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. The foolish ones, when taking their lamps, brought no oil with them, but the wise brought flasks of oil with their lamps. Since the bridegroom was long delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep. At midnight, there was a cry, 'Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!' Then all those virgins got up and trimmed their lamps. The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise ones replied, 'No, for there may not be enough for us and you. Go instead to the merchants and buy some for yourselves.' While they went off to buy it, the bridegroom came and those who were ready went into the wedding feast with him. Then the door was locked. Afterwards the other virgins came and said, 'Lord, Lord, open the door for us!' But he said in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, I do not know you.' Therefore, stay awake, 5 for you know neither the day nor the hour. " Matthew 25:1-13