Birthday: 14th October Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007
I tendered in my resignation on the 3rd of November which was last week.
After so many months of planning and preparing what to say, THE DAY finally came by. And it took me a long time before I moved my butt out of my seat to ask my boss for a chat.
That day wasn’t easy for me to break the news to him. In fact, my boss did something that confused me. He gave me a small pay raise which was a sweet surprise to me. I thought that by the fact that he gave me a pay raise, shows that I am still valuable in the company. Or if I choose to be skeptical, it could be because he gave my other junior colleague a pay raise and felt obliged to give me one too. To be more skeptical, he could perhaps guess that I am planning a move out and was dangling a carrot infront of me. Whatever it is, with pay raise or not, I am leaving.
And so I broke the news to him. And I am glad to surprise him, not by my leaving but rather, to the industry I am going to. It was a total surprise to my other colleagues as well. They sounded quite sad, shocked, couldn’t accept it, in disbelief still.
Nevertheless, it has been about a week since I tendered.. 3 more weeks to go.. During the past week, I could still gather that my colleagues were still skeptical that I am going into teaching. Many of them asked me if I am sure/ if I asked my mother (???)/ whether I am making the right move or not..