Tuesday, October 26, 2004
*.* God is Good, All the Time! *.*
I have been so busy lately that I hardly have time to squeeze in a blog or two. So just having a quick entry before I sit in for my focus group afterwards...I was in a very thankful mood this morning, such that I couldn’t help but to break out into whitsles, and singing... “God is good! All the time!” It was those happiness, peace and gratefulness that you have from God on this special day. I was even humming myself out of the office for lunch. Hahahah...I guess I am thankful for this peace that I’m having. Things did cork up today, especially when I had to multi-task and become a superwoman for 3 men today, in office. It was quite irritating but I decided not to let anything disrupt this peace I am having.
Why am I thankful?
1) I am very happy that my god daughter Xuewei had a good confirmation. I realized how much she has opened up and shared the faith with people. What amazed me is her willingness to accept people, without any judging. When she brought back her friend to church, it hit upon me that I should not be afraid of that friend (just becos she stabbed me before). Somehow, during that confirmation mass, I was holding her hand, assuring her that things would go ok. And I thank God for that intimate moment.
2) I am thankful that my god daughter and godson shared with me one of their most important moments in their lives. She is busy preparing for something that is very important and significant in her life. It will definitely be one of the turning points in her life. And I thank God for looking after both of them cos suddenly, things are getting smoother now... And whatever they have prayed for and hoped for, are going accordingly. Praise the Lord! Thank God for drawing us closer. Without this significant event, we wouldn’t have talked so much and so openly... Sharing faith and a godma-god children relationship... Feels like talking to your own kids... Hahahah...
3) I had actually typed this last week. But after spending 20 mins on that entry, it wasn’t posted onto blog. Instead, blog erased that entry. I am thankful to God cos He has revealed to me His glory, His ways, His precepts. Many people do not believe this when I tell them this but either way, I am still going to say it. I am still amazed at how when God wills you to take this path, He will send you His messengers to direct you to walk on His paths. And when you walk on His paths, it will be so smooth and straight!Yes, after 7 angels, after an interview, after many prayers, I am now officially an employee of MOE. I will be teaching either Economics or Maths. Of course, I wish to teach Econs cos I love to mix with JC students and Econs is definitely more challenging and applicable.
Many things are going underway... I didn’t tell it to anyone for about 2 weeks cos I wanted to slowly absorb the news and to make plans.But either way, I am really happy that God is taking me out of this pit (aka my current company)... I have waited long for this to happen.
4) I am thankful for my dec camp committee. Cos many times, I feel inadequate to lead this committee. I feel pressurized as if, I have to meet their expectations and I feel that I fall short of that. So sometimes, it gets very draining on me and I can only pray. And prayer works. Cos I have been blessed with members who are accepting, patient and all ready to do work. Ha.. Not that I am a slave driver but I do recognize that sometimes, we get tired of meetings, thinking, discussing and all that. But they are still patient to bear up with me and to get things moving. Basically, they are all a sweet bunch. Thank you for supporting me all this while. Without your support, we wouldn’t have come so far in planning the Dec camp. Let’s continue to pray harder and togetherly!
5) Many months ago, I was praying for my friend who was going through a tough time. Recently, my friend informed me that things are going smoothly now. My friend is now able to fulfil the dreams. And I thank God for uplifting all burdens and making the way straight for my friend. I am very happy for my friend.
So I am really thankful and happy. And it is really amazing how God's peace reign in my life when there are so many people who tend to "disturb" you. For example, when I was happily whitsling and humming along, my colleague told me to shut up and "can you stop it?"
HAH.... you know what I did?
I walked out of the office, singing and humming along.
Thank God for this peace and happiness. Not many people have it.
A Child of God blogged @ | 5:41 pm
