Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Thursday, October 14, 2004

*.* It's a beauteeee-a-ful day! *.*

Yes!!! it's a beautiful day cos it's my birthday!!! Happy birthday to me!

Last year, I took leave to chill out on my birthday. I remembered I watched 2 movies... Seabiscuit and some ballet movie, followed by a chill out at Starbucks.

This year, I am not taking leave... though i want to do so. i can't cos I intend to take leave next week...

Anyways, I know this is going to be a BEAUTI-A-FUL DAY!!! Thank God for giving me this bright and chirpy upstart to the day.

As I was telling God, that I hope and pray He will reveal His thoughts, words and plans to me on this special day. I like to take my birthday as a day of recollection when I sit back and think things through. That's why i take leave on my birthday so that I can take time off.

I pray that i will learn to appreciate the things that I have and be grateful for them. I pray that i will come to realize the things I should be thankful for.

I was typing an entry entitled "Ramblings about a girl who is going to turn 24 tomolo". I decided not to post it up here cos i realized i was just rambling on and on... and getting nowhere.. Hahahah... basically to cut it short, I have grown so much within the last 2 years. It has been a struggle living the Catholic faith in the realistic working world but the more i struggle, the more i have learned to die to my own self and to live with Christ on earth. That's why I see things in a very different perspective and have learned how to remain peaceful and serene while in choppy seas. And i thank God for continually enriching me during the times I was in those choppy waters.

I just know it is going to be a beautiful day. And i am definitely looking forward to the entire day today! I have rec'd many smses from my friends and some of them really surprised me that they remembered! i didn't expect them to do so!

I hope that work will be smooth today... nothing to disturb me and that i will be able to go off on the dot today. I will be attending evening mass at Novena Church cos' my family has this tradition to attend mass on our birthdays. My mum actually started this whole thing cos she feels that we should offer up this special day to the Lord and to thank Him for the past year that went by and to pray for the year ahead.

After mass, it will be dinner at Coca Restaurant! We have a 20% discount and i am looking forward to this meal cos i have not been there yet.

And after dinner, we will return home to cut my SINFUL, YUMMYLICIOUS 727 DURIAN CAKE! And I will be opening my pressies... wondering what my mum, bro and sister are giving me this year... *hmmmm*

Yeaps... wish my dad was here though... today marks his 6th month death anniversary. I prayed to God that even though papa is not here with us, i prayed that God will bring him close to our hearts and that Papa will be with us, celebrating too!

Dearest Lord, I consecrate this special day to You. I am a year older and i pray that on this special day, You will reveal to me Your ways, Your wisdom and that You will enlighten me in the many aspects of my life. i pray that You will also bless my family, relatives and friends that they will have an enjoyable day as well. Lord, bless and keep my godma who is going for her 2nd operation today. May it be a successful one.

Mother Mary, Thank you for praying with me and for me while i prayed the rosary during my bus journey. Mother, continue to pray for us on earth, that we will always be filled with the peace of Christ. Amen!


A Child of God blogged @ | 10:30 am