Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Monday, October 25, 2004

*.* My company retreat *.*

I went for a 1 1/2 day company retreat at Changi Safra Resort. I thought it wouldn't come true but in the end, it did. Damn...

Nevertheless, I was quite surprised at how open-minded I was towards the retreat. After all, it is going to be a matter of time I will be tendering in my resignation... and whatever company planning doesn't matter much to me anymore.

In a way, I am glad I made myself go for the retreat. To those out there.. a company retreat is different from a church retreat. A company retreat is a time where staff gather to create solutions for problems.

So, I am glad I went for the retreat cos it gave me a better understanding of who my colleagues are. I was super disappointed at how my colleague used this retreat as an avenue to pinpoint who did wrong, who did right... pinpointed those who did not meet his expectations and praised those who did. And that colleague used this retreat to flaunt how excellent he was. Proves me whole point of him being an egoistic pig. Many times, I wanted to suggest that this retreat is to boost morale, not an ego booster for ONESELF. Hahahhah.. of course, i didn't. Otherwise, I would be dead now.

I was disappointed at how my boss perceived the staff strength and morale. He had this notion that all of us should be motivated and driven to grab opportunities and perform. He felt that ultimately, it's up to oneself to decide how driven he/she wants to go. Point agreed but has he ever wondered whether the conditions and environment were suitable? I mean, how can a freaking girl among 5 men in the office shine out, except to do up the stationery list, do filing, boil water, buy toiletries?? Please.. it's just men. It's a male dominated company and there's no way I can shine out there. Never.

There are many more things that happend during the the retreat. I felt disappointed in my company. Felt that I really wasted my 1 yr 7 months there. But on hindsight, I picked up some skills. I learned how to become more street smart and how to read people between their lines. Also, I guess I have forged better relationships with my colleagues, amidst those times when we felt like killing each other.

I guess, I saw who were the truly good and bad apples during the retreat.

Neverthelss, I am glad I went for the retreat. If I hadn't went, I wouldn't be so further decisive that I should leave this freaking company. And if I had't went, I would have established better relationships with my colleagues...

Well, all these do not really matter much to me now. I'm looking forward to my new life on 3rd Jan 2005. And I really wonder what will my boss' reactions be if I tender eventually. HAH... hopefully, it won't be a hypocritical "Why are you leaving?" kinda tone...

Well, see how... that's why I am thankful to God for showing me THE way out of this pit. I am thankful He is leading me. Amen.

A Child of God blogged @ | 1:36 am