Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Sunday, October 17, 2004

*.* My birthday celebrations *.*

I have been celebrating my birthday for the longest time ever... Thursday, Friday, Saturday and going to be on Monday.

Yesterday was an excellent day for me. Though I was working on my birthday, I had no serious tasks that would keep me stressed or real bust throughout the day. It was quite slack lah.

So my real party began when I left work at around 545, hitched onto the cab with my mum and made my way down to Novena Church for my birthday mass. It was a very simple mass. Unfortunately, the priest’s homily wasn’t that inspirational as I hoped to be. Nevertheless, receiving the Body of Christ was something that I truly relish on this special day. How often do I receive Him in a week? That’s only once a week when I go for Sunday mass. It’s so difficult to go for mass during working days... And how often do I attend mass with my family? Rarely.. Cos of RCIY... I don’t attend mass with my family unless they come over to CTK. So that's why mass on my birthday was something that I cherish most cos I attended it with my family.


After that, we walked over to Novena Square for dinner @ Coca Restaurant. It was my first time there and having a 20% birthday discount made the meal quite affordable. Anyway, I thought I was really going to pig out (and feel guilty). It wasn't until I was at the dinner when the sight of the steamboat finally drilled into my brain that I am having some boiled food, etc... At least, having these steamboat would reduce the amount of unhealthiness (I hope!) Dinner was fun and nice.. basically my family just pigged out and ate and ate...

And after dinner, we meant to go over to Ya Kun at United Square for kaya and butter toast. But when we walked over, Ya Kun was already closed so we decided to take a cab to go home and cut cake.

The birthday cake was a very shiok 727 Durian cake! Very shiok. Very nice. And I'm so happy I made the right choice. And the best part was the birthday present. Mum gave me a very expensive watch... such that I am now very afraid to wear it cos it costs $245! It's an Emporio Armani... My bro bought this book for me which I felt it was a good gift. Somemore, he imported in from USA. The book is about St Therese of the Child Jesus... Called the Story of the Soul. I intend to read it and will make sure I finish it. The best birthday gift I have received this year would be the Creative MuVo MP3 player my brother and sister gave me. For the first time, my sister bought for me a gift that is more expensive than my gift for her. I was really really happy that they bought for me this MP3 player. It was something I have always wanted.

I guess, it's not about the gifts that make my birthday. It's actually about the sacrifices that came about. I am touched by the big sacrifice my sister made. She sacrificed her 1 month of tuition pocket money, plus the allowance I gave her. That's quite a lot for her. And I am really touched by that. My mum too... my goodness.. she paid for the dinner, the cake and the watch! That's a lot of sacrifice as well.. I hope she's not going to eat grass next month. And my brother.. hahaha... I know he would give me something lasting... that's why he bought that book for me. St Therese is a saint I try to imitate cos she holds some valuable insights that I can identify with. All in all, my birthday ended in contentment and thankfulness. I thank God for this family though there is 1 person lesser...

On Friday, I met up with Jeri for the real big time pigging out. We ate a simple dinner at Taka Food court, walked over to Baker's Inn for sinful desserts and took a cab down to Molly Morlone's (forgot the spelling) for a round of drinks. As we waited for the other sponsors to turn up, we continued our girly talk. It was really relaxing and I am glad I made that day free. Of course, I had to sacrifice a few tuitions here and there. And I ate supper, on top of my 1 drink. Alamak... real bad man... but since it's my birthday, it's fine lah... The sight of Kenny drinking red wine and turning VERY red was hilarious. Hahahaha... Anyway, I reached home at 3am, totally shacked...

And then on Saturday, after Dec camp meeting, I met up with my friend, Geraldine. I guess we were all pretty tired cos we didn't talk much. And Gery has her own errands to run. So in the end, I think I was her chaperon... looking after the bag, trolley, following her to buy stuff... Don't really like it cos I hardly meet up with her and usually, I would rather long chats with her than meaningless shopping trips... But we had a good dinner at Sakae Sushi... Really pig out a lot again... We wanted to eat desserts at Secret Recipe but because she took a long time shopping and all that, we didn't manage to do so. Sigh... I have a lot of things to tell her leh... looks like I have to postpone that talk... But I could sense she wasn't having an easy time, or rather, she has her own worries lah... so on the bus, I said a decade of the rosary for her.. wanted to finish the whole rosary but was so tired that I fell asleep throughout the bus journey. I am just so tired!

Ha... and tomolo, I will be having a pig out session with Meixia, Alycia, Juliet, Leslie and Shawn. They are just so sweet... they asked me out for a meal! And they are so lucky to ask me on a Monday cos' my tuition got cancelled, was trying to fit in another tuition or a Dec camp meeting and here comes along an invitation to eat! Yipee! I am just so touched lor... at their sweet initiative. It gives me great meaning to my role as a sponsor and an added boost of motivation to give more to these catechumens.

Oh... and Jeri gave me a good bday present. She's very clever leh... She bought for me a handheld bag... she must have known I am crazy about these kinds of bags cos I have so many of them for different occasions and outfits. hahaha... Hope she didn't spend a lot on the gift cos she bought it from Esprit. And Bernard is soooo sweet and funny... He gave me Brand's Essence of Chicken as tonics and a Kit Kat bar to take a break... Hahhh... I guess that is a strong and direct hint to tell me to rest more and take care of my health...

Okies... so that brings the end of my birthday celebrations... still got a lot more to blog... but see if I have time afterwards. :)

God Bless everyone!

A Child of God blogged @ | 8:00 pm