Wednesday, November 10, 2004
*.* God as my temple and my river of life *.*
I guess, the ultimatum came about when my boss wrote me a testimonial for submission to MOE. He addressed the letter to MOE so that I could only purely use it for MOE. Which means, if I had actually went over to another firm, I cannot use this testimonial at all.
2nd thing he did was to put in vague dates of my employment. He did not put in the exact dates cos I was only “offficially” employed by idealog in November. He did not pay me CPF from May to October and when he was chased by CPF, he told them we were only employed in november. So basically, to cover up his backside, he put very vague details like I was employed during the SARS crisis.
I got very amazed by his shrewdness. I wonder if anyone else saw through his shrewdness. I think KK and Weeching saw through his astuteness and shrewdness. And so I am really amazed that Amin is darn a smart guy.
But... I believe strongly that a man’s wisdom can never outdo God’s wisdom. In other words, no matter how smart Amin thinks he is, the ultimate wise guy will be the one Amin meets on his last day, at St Peter’s gate.
“Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews said, “This temple has been under construction for forty-six years, and you will raise it up in three days?” But he was speaking about the temple of his Body. Therefore, when he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they came to believe the Scripture and the word Jesus had spoken.”
We can have everything but we will lose everything. In other words, all the material possessions we have, all the stuff that makes us look good, feel good but ultimately, all these may be destroyed one day. Likewise, the temple is just a physical entity, containing the worshippers. It can also be destroyed if some bomb drops off from nowhere and lands up on the holy site.
But the temple that is more important is actually, the temple in our bodies... Our souls. In other words, if the church is destroyed, the church WILL NOT be destroyed if our souls are built upon the strong foundation of Christ’s teachings. A physical church is useless if there isn’t any witness for Christ.
To bring the point across in a line... We are the Church and the Church is Us.
That’s why... I believe that man’s wisdom will eventually be outdone by God’s wisdom. It’s so funny how many times, we try to outwit one another, or to think that it is ok to do in this way or behave in this way. When actually, and ultimately, all our movements are being watched by God and most importantly, our motives are transparent and clear cut to God.
To me, I got very disgusted by Amin’s intentions. Though the testimonial was good, but it was so apparent that he is covering up his own arse. Now I am wondering whether he is going to pay my CPF reimbursements in full – I don’t expect that but I felt I had a right to ask it back from him.
I am just wondering if Amin has come to a full realization of all his doings – are they aligned to what the church is teaching us?
As a victim and sometimes an onlooker, I feel that Amin is a lost sheep. But I guess, the ultimate wise ruler is God. But what prompted me yesterday was to pray for Amin. I prayed twice for him that God will guide him in leading his business... That he will try to marry both God and work (and personal ambition) together.
And as for me, I realized the need to reserve a place for God to dwell in my life. God has to be in my life and there is no way I am going to give way to other things.
“But each one must be careful how he builds upon it, for no one can lay a foundation other than the one that is there, namely, Jesus Christ.”
Yes, the essence of it all, is whether I am allowing God to lay that foundation in my life. Cos if I allow Him to lay that foundation in my life, He is not going to give me great things. Sometimes, this could involve more crosses to carry...
But then again, if I allow Him to be the driver of my life, if I allow Him to be my temple in my life, I will then understand a deeper meaning of faith. Already, many people are persuading me from entering teaching. Honestly, I am swayed by their comments cos they make good sense. And a few doubts have been planted in my head.
But I believe, this path God is asking me to walk on, is one that I will grow in more faith. And I will not be alone cos Jesus is always with me.
"The angel brought me back to the entrance of the temple, and I saw water flowing out from beneath the threshold of the temple toward the east, for the façade of the temple was toward the east; the water flowed down from the southern side of the temple, south of the altar. He led me outside by the north gate, and around to the outer gate facing the east, where I saw water trickling from the southern side. He said to me, “This water flows into the eastern district down upon the Arabah, and empties into the sea, the salt waters, which it makes fresh. Wherever the river flows, every sort of living creature that can multiply shall live, and there shall be abundant fish, for wherever this water comes the sea shall be made fresh. Along both banks of the river, fruit trees of every kind shall grow; their leaves shall not fade, nor their fruit fail. Every month they shall bear fresh fruit, for they shall be watered by the flow from the sanctuary. Their fruit shall serve for food, and their leaves for medicine.”
Ezekiel 47:1-2, 8-9, 12
A Child of God blogged @ | 4:21 pm
