Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Monday, October 02, 2006

*.* The final countdown *.*

It's about 13 hours to the final destination.

My kids are sitting for their promos at 2 pm on Monday, 2nd Oct.

And here I am, anxious, worried, confident. Sounds contradictory? Nope. I'm confident that they will try their best but I'm anxious about their performance. I just hope they don't screw up on time management and thus, cannot finish their paper. I just hope they don't screw up on their exam techniques.

The past 15 weeks have been a great journey for me. I had undergone a period of revival with my kids. I helped them develop a sense of achievement and a belief that they could actually do Econs and they could actually think of passing it as well. We have developed a bond of relationship with one another. Who can ever forget the supplementary classes we had in the Lit room, the chats we had outside the staffroom, the trials of sitting for tests and tests and the sharing of lame jokes?

My kids are going into war today. And I really hope each one of them will conquer the war. It doesn't matter if they pass or fail. It matters so much to me if they give this paper their best shot. That's all I want.

And yes, to be brutally honest, I had given it my all to my kids and I'm just wondering whether this is reflected in their performance.

This final lap is important to me. Becos next year, I won't be teaching them anymore. And so their grades do matter to me. It will make a good farewell present from them to me.

I'm very sad that I'm not following them up next year. Part of me wants to fight for what I want. But the other part just don't know where the lines are drawn. And so, even though there are just rumours that I'm teaching yr 1, I am still placing my childlike trust in God and asking Him for a miracle. Give me that miracle Lord!

So today's war is important to me and I really hope my kids will finish this race well. I'll definitely be praying tomorrow during my invigilation. So please join me in prayer yah? Pray for my kids between 2 pm to 4pm on Monday!

To 0604, 0615, 0621, 0631... I do not dare to break the sad news to you. I was feeling very depressed for a couple of days. I was feeling so sad that the bond we have built up over the past 15 weeks is suddenlt broken, just like that. I really cannot bear to leave you but I know when the time calls, I have to follow. Fight hard, 0604, 0615, 0621 and 0631! Give this paper your best shot. That will be the best farewell present you could ever give to me.

God bless all of you!

A Child of God blogged @ | 12:45 am