Sunday, February 19, 2006
*.* butterflies in my tummy *.*
i'm having butterflies in my tummy. that's when i realized i'm going to step into the last lap of my stint in NIE. Basically, if I pass this practicum, I would have graduated from NIE. If I fail, no matter how well I have done for my past modules, I would still be regarded as fail. I'm going to Zhong Hua tomolo. And I'm going to teach a Sec 2 class. There are already some slight differences between a sec sch and JC but I think tomolo, I will slowly appreciate the differences.I'm nervous cos I dunno whether I can teach my sec 2 Maths. Btw, microteaching went on so smoothly. They liked my introduction to the lesson, I didn't screw the whole class up and my "students" understood what I taught. I got good reviews for my microteaching. And I was just so relieved.The crunch is the next 2 weeks after this week. This is the time I have to teach. And the topic I have to teach is expansion/ factorization. Easy it may be but I wonder how I can make learning more interesting. I will leave that till tomolo to think about. I was telling my mum I want to do well for practicum, at least get a Credit for it. And my mum asked me,"why are u so ambitious?" And it got me thinking.I thought about it yesterday and I came to the answer. It's important not to let ambition get into my head. I need to get the focus straight. For the past 1.5 yrs, eversince I stepped into this line, I have learnt to appreciate my talents and somehow, I find myself being able to use my talents in this job. Yes, I told God that I wanna use my talents for Him, for His glory. But I can't do this by myself. It's through Him, with Him and in Him that all glory and honour are Yours. I have my fears. I have my anxieties. I have my dreams as well. Lord, help me never to lose focus but to always go back to You. To thank You, to praise You, to ask You for help, for my source of wisdom, confidence, comfort, courage. I surrender everything to You on my first day Lord. Keep me company. Teach me what to do. Be my source of courage and strength.And lastly Lord, help me to sleep tonight. Amen.
A Child of God blogged @ | 10:46 pm
