Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Thursday, November 10, 2005

*.* christian living *.*

I finally caught Amazing Race, the Family Edition today. And I am really glad that Amaxing Race has not lost its flavour even when it is on its 8th run. Kudos to the producers! Very ingenious of them to come up with the family edition.

Of all the families, there was the Weavers family who caught my eye. At the pit stop, Rebecca broke down, saying, "It's so hard to be Christian when all the others are not being nice to us." How true, indeed. I was thinking about this statement after the show ended and I arrived at this conclusion. Be it Catholics or Christians, we have chosen to follow Christ and in the world we live in, it is indeed hard to be Christ-like especially when people turn against you or hurt you. But as Christians, if we want to be Christ-like, we cannot adopt a secular perspective of life. We have to adopt a supernatural, godly persepective of life that enables us to believe and hope in the joys of loving our neighors and receiving our rewards, not on this earth but in our heavenly kingdom with our Father.

And so I got prompted to read up on this family and it dawned onto me that they also lost their dad. They lost their dad in a car racing event and now I understood why it was particularly hard for the family to go through this event when one family member had to go car-karting.

Read up on them here: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race8/teams/bio_weaver.shtml

I'm glad I caught Amazing Race. At least i am not too late for the finale. And I am glad that the Paolo family got eliminated. I admire the mum for enduring her son who always curse," Son of the bitch!" Doesn't the son realize that he is in fact cursing his mother?

Anyway, it was a well spent 4 hours tv watching. I just finished one of my Maths assignment. Will probably start on Q1 of my last Maths assignment in 2005. *Joy is dawning*

A Child of God blogged @ | 2:11 am