Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Friday, December 08, 2006

*.* The Nativity (I) *.*

I'm back from watching the movie, The Nativity.

Unlike the Passion of Christ, the Nativity has much lesser violence and definitely less hoo-ha. In fact, now when I compare Passion of Christ with the Nativity, I think the Passion of Christ was a little bit too loud and too widelt acclaimed. It makes me wonder whether Mel Gibson wants the whole world to know that he actually produced Passion of Christ.

Anyway, Nativity got off to a slow start but I pretty liked the development of the story. I liked the ending very much. Of course, I wish that Mary could be prettier. Joseph was handsome in the show, I think.

Anyway, I thought I should blog about my reflections that I gathered:

1) God provides. He provides exactly what we need. When we think it's not enough, it's because WE think it's not enough. God measures by His own standards, not ours.

2) We should always be contented and grateful for our lot.

3) Amidst all our apprehensions, keep on trusting in God. Surrender all your fears to God and seek solace in Him.

4) Be giving in heart and in action.

5) Be accepting and non-judgemental. Who are we to fault others?

6) God is good. All the time. Have faith in Him.

I think if I watch the show again, I would have gathered more reflections. I really liked the ending and I felt it reminded me of how humble I must always be.

Anyway, the holidays are sort of here cos I'm done with work and with my courses. I'm definitely making sure I'm taking time out for myself. I have been going out quite frequently for the past two weeks. I'm quite scared that the holidays run out so fast that I feel I have not had a good break yet.

Advent is here and time and again, I'm taking time out to think through the past year. I hope I have the time to blog these down too!

Anyway, gotta go... will catch up soon...

A Child of God blogged @ | 12:52 am