Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Friday, November 10, 2006

*.* Getting back together *.*

I went to my student's birthday party today. It's my first student's birthday party and I look forward to many more of such parties. I feel it's a privilege for the student to actually remember you and invite you to her party. I mean, of all the dozens of teachers she has, why did she choose a selected few?

It's good to see my old students again and they were sharing with me about their fears in adapting to their new Econs teacher next year. One girl from another class actually said that the whole class wrote a petition to the HOD Arts. And in my mind, I was like... "Hah.. He should be getting sian of receiving such petitions again." And when I met the birthday girl's mother, her mother actually offered to write into the principal to request that I should teach her child! Could you have imagined how anxious I felt? I'm so afraid that it would create an uproar or something.

I'm blogging this so that I'm always reminded that the role of a teacher is ever so important. I teach but I inspire my kids to love what they are studying as well. I need to look at each student as a child gifted with many talents and my role here is to nurture them and mould them into the best they can be. They will learn how to grow into self-achieving individuals. I must always remember this.

I don't know why but the moment I see my students, I get turned on to help them. I don't know why. It's just innate.

I'm quite amazed at myself at how I can casually talk to my kids. It's as if I'm talking to the RCIY kids. I feel strange that I'm talking to them as individuals not as students and yet, they are also giving me the due respect. They even bothered to say bye to me before they left. Perhaps it's because of the school culture I'm in. Perhaps and for that I should be thankful.

I will always miss my students and though chances are, they might not be reading this but I just want them to know that yes, I'm always available for you. I'm a sms, call or chat away. Feel free to call me out for tea, coffee, a chat. Anytime. I'm here for you.

A Child of God blogged @ | 11:55 pm