I attended a Confirmation mass yesterday and I got reminded that it's more than a year since I left CTK RCIY. That's fast. A year of so many changes. One day, I should spend some time blogging the changes I experienced in the year.
Anyway, the Gospel passage was about the parable of the sower. And the Archbishop said soemthing interesting. You know, all along, I thought I should be a planter of seeds in fertile soil. I should carefully grow my seeds to seedlings and to beautiful plants. But His Grace said something like "We should be that fertile ground."
Now... that's interesting. A fertile ground is better than a planter. A fertile ground holds more seeds. A fertile ground lays the foundation but a planter doesn't lay the foundation. A fertile ground usually stays fertile unless something happens (which I don't really know). But the key idea is, the likelihood of it becoming unfertile is slim but a planter being bad has a high likelihood.
So His Grace changed my perception of teaching. I always thought I was the planter. But I'm more than that. I'm the foundation now. And I'm supposed to create a fertile ground for my students to grow. I've to provide a healthy and conducive environment for my kids to grow as much as they can.
Yups... that's my insight on the whole lot of what His Grace was talking about.