Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Sunday, July 03, 2005

*.* My Holidays *.*

My holidays have just started.

Ironically, it started during the school term.

This term, I am taking on a different status altogether. I am now an NIE undergraduate, a trainee teacher. No longer am I a contract teacher.

I went back to NIE/NTU everyday during the last week of June hols. Why? First day was registration. 2nd to 5th day was Maths Content Upgrading.

It really amazes me how my lecturer for Maths Content Upgrading is so passionate about Maths. I dunno how to describe it but the way he uses those formulas and short forms... how come we didn't learn that in sec sch and JC? For example, a X with all four dots in the triangle part symbolises contradiction. It's so cool... and everything was written in a mathematical language.

But taking the course, although bothersome, opened a refreshing chapter for Maths. I never enjoyed Maths (even though I score in Maths) cos I felt Maths never made any sense to me. But through this course, I now appreciate the studying of Maths - the concepts, the logic and the magic.

Somehow, I feel tempted to give Maths tuition now, to keep in touch with my Maths stuff I had learnt over the past 2 weeks.

School started this week. And it has been a breeze so far. No invigilation during common tests. No extra duties. Just sit down and mark only 1 question of DRQ, across all 24 classes.

I have mixed feelings about this one though... I will not be teaching at all. Reason being, if I were to teach, I have to take back one of the 5 classes I had released to the 2 new teachers. And technically, it will be unfair to the 2 new teachers and to the class. Anyway, teaching them for 2 weeks doesn't benefit the students in anyway. So I won't be teaching for this school experience. So if I dun teach, how am I going to gain further on-ground experience? On the flip side, if I dun teach, means I dun need to prepare like siao and means I have more free time on hand. Which I really do relish this whole leisure time cos I had worked like siao over the past 6 months.

I guess, the benefits of relaxation and leisure time far outweighs the disadvantages... so I think I should maximise my time, observing as many good teachers as possible!

So my holidays have started. Going back from school at 2pm everyday ( can be earlier but paiseh to leave) and I have time for my afternoon naps, TV and tuition. Yoo hoo!

I am sure going to make sure I am enjoying my hols this month before school starts officially on the last week of July.

A Child of God blogged @ | 5:48 pm