Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Monday, July 25, 2005

*.* Forward notes (and other issues) *.*

I am preparing for school. I feel so excited. It reminded me of what starting school was all over again. When I started Pri One, my mum would buy for me new school bag, pencil box, water bottles, school shoes, uniform, text books, etc. Every half a year, when the 2nd semester started, my mum would buy a new school bag for me and of course, who can never forget the new white school shoes? And a hair cut...

As I grew older, the buying of new things stopped... perhaps... this happened in Primary 5? It was around that period that my mum felt I shouldn't be that pampered anymore and so, she stopped buying new stuff for me. The only thing she did not stop buying for me was white colour shoes. And I upgraded from the velcro (is this how u spell?) to shoelaces in Primary 4. Cos... I only knew how to tie my shoelaces when I was in Pri 4.

When I reached Secondary level, of course, I had a new set of uniforms and new textbooks andI can't remember the rest... The buying of new stuff did not continue at every half a year or even yearly. In fact, there was no specific period of "renovating". It was the "as and when you see it, you try and beg your mum to buy for you" period.

And in JC... the frequency of "renovation" was even lesser... but with my limited purchasing power, I no longer had to ask mummy if I could buy this. Whatever I liked, as long as I can afford it, I will buy. I bought one pencil box which lasted me throughout 2 years. And I still have it with me. My main bulk purchase was those ziggy markers which I had about 30 of them. And I remembered I bought a $10 school bad I sat at Metro. Looking back, the bag was indeed so unglam. In my time, the "hot" bags were from Mambo. And mine was a brandless bag which a red indian boy's face at the front of the bag.

In University, my tastes upgraded. I bought my first uni bag at Montip. It was a $30+ sling bag. But because I carried too heavy things, the bag broke. As I needed a big bag to carry my research books for Political Science, I "cooped" my brother's sling kipling bag from Yr 1, Sem 2 onwards. And I used it till I graduated. The bag still exists btw. And I was still using my JC pencil box.

And now... when I am going back to school, I wanted to buy for myself a haversack. I saw a pair of slippers at Bata. I needed a change from my usual brown sandals. I need new clothes. Most of my clothes are working clothes. I need a new water bottle. The one that I have is 800ml and is too heavy for me to carry. I need a new file. I do not have any.

But today, when I went with shopping with my sister at Compasspoint, I only bought a 400ml water bottle that costs $14. It's the halgen one. And I bought it cos' it looks cool and branded. HAHAHAAHA.... I saw a nice sling bag which my sister wanted to share with me. But I didn't buy cos I have a red one already. I was looking for a haversack but in the end I didn't buy one cos I remembered I haven't used the KOOKAI bag (that costs a freaking $90+) my sister bought for me when I was in Uni 1st year.

Hais.... as the years go by, with more purchasing power, my tastes and preferences have upgraded. In JC and uni, I could spend on whatever I like because I have no financial responsibility. Ironically, now, even though I am am working, financial responability beckons and I need to discover ways to recycle and reuse. I need to allocate my financial resources for my "project", my savings, my decision to get an insurance policy, my tuition fee loan repayment, my family, my handphone bills, my hire purchase payments, etc. Wow Wow... that's a lot!

It's scary how when we grow up, not only our responsibilities increase, our financial responsibility also increases. The importance of money increases and therefore, after working for 3 years, I came to the conclusion that realistically speaking, money is the utmost important factor when it comes to deciding between 2 similar jobs.

My back is recovering. I went for my 2nd "hell-breaking" sin seh session. And it was reallie tortuous. My back is aching now as I typed this. Cos I couldn't let my bandage get wet when bathing, my mum did a sweet thing for me today. She washed my hair. It reminded me of the times when I was a young child and she would bathe for me. I remembered having a combined bathing session with my mum and sister when I was like around... Pri 3? I feel so sayanged.

On a more sober note... a family member had some issues today. And when he/she asked us to lay our hands over him/her and pray for him/her, I felt awkward. This is because : 1)It felt so charismatic and 2) Pray for is usually the preferred method instead of praying over. But, when all my family members prayed over him/her, he/she broke down in tears. It was a great relief and he/she finally let out his/her oppressions. It was definitely the working of the Holy Spirit to work through him/her! God has definitely showered His blessings and graces upon him/her! Praise the Lord! I hope he/she will lead a renewed life from now onwards.

In a way, Priase the Lord! Yesterday's Healing session was really so empowering that I broke down and cried. It was a release of tension and disappointment. As I cried, in flowed a wave of hope, courage and strength. And prompted by what happened at the mass and healing service, I did something when I came home last night. When I finished typing, I was deciding whether should I send it or not. I expected that reaction from her but I still sent it. I'm glad I did it. At least, I overcame my negativities and took on another step forward.

Later on today, I will be renewing my passport and making my new i/c! I will be inserting my baptism name (perhaps Confirmation?). Looking forward to my new identity!

And I am still waiting for my mp3 songs to upload to my Creative. New songs for a new semester in school!

A Child of God blogged @ | 2:47 am