Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Birthday: 14th October
Occupation: Cultivator; Moulder; Nurturer
Currently I am inspired: To renovate my blog
To start on my next phase of new life in 2007


Today's Verse






*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~juliet~
~elaine~
~jorlyn~
~leslie~
~melissa~
~the dangerous lives of altar boys~
~the sleepless eye~
~opus dei~
~word among us~
~regnum christi~
~new american bible~
~singapore pastoral institute~
~catholic spirituality centre~

*.* Drop a prayer *.*

*.* Archives *.*

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

*.* Mother Hen and Her Chicks *.*

"Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy to the Church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

We ought to thank God always for you, brothers and sisters, as is fitting, because your faith flourishes ever more, and the love of every one of you for one another grows ever greater. Accordingly, we ourselves boast of you in the churches of God regarding your endurance and faith in all your persecutions and the afflictions you endure.

This is evidence of the just judgment of God, so that you may be considered worthy of the Kingdom of God for which you are suffering. We always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and powerfully bring to fulfillment every good purpose and every effort of faith, that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, in accord with the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ. "

2 Thessalonians 1:1-5, 11-12

I am very sleepy. Was doing my work halfway when I was nodding off. But somehow, felt that the day would not end right if I didn't touch the Bible.

I thank God for urging me to read today's readings. I thank God for revealing to me His goodness and wisdom.

To get straight to the point (cos I am really tired and sleepy), I thank God for the event that happened on Thursday. If you guys do not know what happened, do read the entry entitled "God help me please."

If I were to describe my relationship with RCIY now, I would use an analogy of a Mother Hen protecting her little chicks. This means that I have grown so attached to RCIY, that if anything happens that I feel is "not the right spirit", I will be like the Mother Hen protecting her chicks. How do I know if I am in the right spirit? I am confident of the graces and wisdom God has always been bestowing on me.

And so, what happened on Thursday made me discover another side of myself. Never in my life before, had I told anyone off. Not only had I kicked a person's butt, I did it uncensored... Yes, straight to the point, honest, blunt. WOW! I actually did that! I am just so amazed... usually I would be so bothered about the person's feelings that I would phrase it nicely and tactfully. But when the showdown came (we met up and trashed things out), I was awfully and painfully straight.

And I guess today's reading reveals the meaning of RCIY to me. I feel that as a sponsor, things may screw up here and there, but as long as we remain focussed, we endure the little hiccups and carry these crosses in faith, God will help RCIY breakthrough the current threshold. It's like through all the hiccups we have, through all the ups and downs we face like any other ministy, if we, as ONE RCIY continue to stick close to God and to one another, I am sure that we will pull through anything together.

And when we pull through it, we will grow in faith, in love for one another.

And as a sponsor, we are all called by God to serve Him in this very special ministry. And there's definitely a reason for going through these ups and downs - to enter the narrow gate and to train us so that we may be made worthy to be His holy and earthly apostles. So that we will come and glorfiy Him in our works of faith and love.

How this relates to me personally is that over the week, I feel that the sponsors have gone through so much together. I have prayed about, pondered about the meaning of a sponsor in a ministry. And as I pray, God has been revealing His wisdom to me day by day.

For me, a sponsor is to be God's instrument in faith and in love. A sponsor in a ministry is to be one of God's apostles in His body of love and faith. Yes, His apostles... so that like His 12 disciples (or apostles), we may come to glorify Him and share faith in this body of love.

I feel very blessed for having a bunch of inquirers choosing me as their sponsor. I never expected it, I never prayed for it. The minimial thing I did was to hope a little bit. All I wanted to do in RCIY was to help the inquirers bring a little bit more of God back into their lives after class every Sunday. But yet, God is a generous Father. He has blessed me with a good brood of chicks.

Thank You dear Lord for using me as Your instrument. Thank You dear Lord, for blessing me with these lovable inquirers. Thank You for giving me the grace to praise, glorify and rejoice in You.

Hmmm... now that it's almost 3 am.. dear Lord... help me to wake up on time for work tomolo. I know I will be dead meat if I wake up late cos got no money to take cab. :(

Okie dokie... still have lots of things to write but will leave it to the next few days in the week.

God Bless!

A Child of God blogged @ | 2:29 am