Saturday, October 08, 2005
*.* Some memories of my teaching days in AJC *.*
Suddenly, I feel a sudden reminiscence about my teaching days in AJC. Perhaps because I was reading my students' blogs about their promos and suddenly, I wished I was there for them, guiding them through the papers, encrouaging the weaker ones not to give up and the stronger ones to push on, and the mediocore ones to climb higher. I wanted so much to post encouraging notes on their tagboard, but I can't. How I wish that I am teaching now.
I think going through NIE is beneficial. After all, we have one of the most renowned teaching practices in the world and I know I will teach better when I go to a school next year. But life in NIE is way too hectic to make strong friendships or to even absorb what you have learnt. We just whizz past a lot of things and learn a few jargons here and there like pedagogy (teaching methods), hot potatoes, webquest, online discussions (all online learning), PBL, think-pair-share, gallery walk (all student centred approaches). I mean... hmmm.. learning how to spit out these jargons and learning completely how they work are completely two different matters.
Anyway, before I hit on my next hmmm.. (another jargon) educational psychology assignment, here are some photos of my kids. Miss them so much!
My arts class in 1st 3 mths... 36/05.
My home class in 1st 3 months, 17/05. A bunch of intelligent but arrogant kids.
My fav class! 25/05 who is super intelligent and asks witty questions. And they have very nice looking people too! Spot the pair of twins!
A Child of God blogged @ | 1:12 am
